After the hockey game tonight I experienced Glögg for the first time with some of the girls. You’re probably wondering what I’m talking about….well; Gl
ögg is an authentic Swedish spiced warm wine, generally
served with raisins, almonds, and Ginger biscuits with blue cheese. Glögg is a popular hot drink during the Christmas season and it’s yummy!
You can buy ready to heat and serve Glögg at the Systembolaget (liquor stores) here in Sweden, also it’s easy to find non-alcoholic Glögg at almost any stores this time of year, including Ikea!
Here’s a recipe I found online if you’re interested in adding a little Swedish tradition to your Christmas: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/swedish-glogg/detail.aspx
Swedish Glögg might even be sold at Ikea in CanadaJ
My first Swedish Glögg experience
Glögg being heated by a candle
That picture of the Glogg decanter my mom used to have one.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds soo good. Almost like mulled wine
ReplyDelete