I am more than ready for Christmas now! It was a beautiful Christmas market inside the Kalmar Slott, lot’s to look at and the 3rd biggest in Sweden .
Here are a few pictures as promised:
| Kalmar Castle |
![]() |
| Inside the castle |
| Roasted nuts |
| Court yard |
The bottom half of the castle was filled with food to taste, of course we had to check that out! All the homemade jams, fresh bread, roasted nuts, fancy cheeses, and meat. Now usually I’m not one for trying random meat, (keep in mind my Dad hunts and I grew up on deer and moose meat) I can tolerate it but it’s not my favourite.
As we were walking by we saw one of the booths sampling and selling sausage, the Swedish man at the table cut us off a piece and insisted we try it, so of course being polite Canadians we do. I start chewing the mystery meat, as I continue ..one of the girls asks “so what kind of meat is this?” the man calmly replies with “HORSE” and points at the picture of the horse on the label of the meat package. I manage to get the meat down without gagging, you have to be kidding me I just sampled HORSE, who eats horse! I guess next time I will stick to my guns, no more sampling street meat for this girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment