Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Fun

I grew up carving pumpkins a few nights before Halloween, it was always a tradition in our family. The last two seasons I’ve spent living in Europe I’ve discovered Halloween barely exists over seas. We were lucky enough to find ourselves some good looking pumpkins at the market on Thursday; so we spent our Friday night teaching the Swedes how to carve!

We had planned to have a few couples over, have some wine and desserts and carve some pumpkins. Unfortunately one of the couples backed out last minute, leaving us with a lot of left over desserts. We still had lots of fun with Jenny & Joachim; it was Joachim’s first time carving a pumpkin and he loved every minute of it, in fact they’ve decided to carve pumpkins and make it a tradition every year from now on.

Here are some pictures from tonight:)


                                               Before the fun started
                                                    Snack table
                            Chocolate cupcakes with Nutella icing..Mmm!
                                                   More treats
                                                 The carving begins
                                                  Digging in
                                       Joachim with his proud pumpkin:)
                                                 Carving crew
                              Happy Halloween from Sweden to Canada!


Ps: Happy Birthday to the most important lady in my life… my Mom! Grattis from Sweden! Puss och kram xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Party planner. Nice decorations. You have to get Joachim (Opa's name) a Winnipeg Jets shirt. Vanocuver (Lou sucks). I am going to watch curling instead of Canucks hockey this winter.

    ReplyDelete