With Thanksgiving 4 sleeps away I’m trying to get my recipes in order. Since the Swedes don’t celebrate Thanksgiving it’s been quite the hunt for a good looking turkey..they aren’t cheap let me tell you! We’ve invited Brendan (our other Canadian) and Anton (my favourite Swedish guy) over for the feast. I had planned on just the 4 of us for dinner, but.. Ty came home yesterday and wanted to make sure it would be okay to invite another one of the guys…of course! The more the merrier, fortunately for him he’ll be at practise on Monday when all this turkey cooking is going down. Little does he know he’ll be helping prep the night before (so get your turkey hands ready!)
I’ve made Thanksgiving dinner twice before so I’m not too concerned. The Doctor I once worked for told me about covering the turkey in strips of bacon, to keep the meat moist and does it ever work! I have some of my Mom’s Thanksgiving recipes (hopefully I can find poultry spice) along with some new ones. Were looking forward to our first Canadian Thanksgiving in Sweden , we have lots to be grateful for this year. Pictures to comeJ
My girlfriend Nichole sent me some fun Thanksgiving desserts like these ones!
http://familyfun.go.com/thanksgiving/18-classic-thanksgiving-desserts-799741/

If you can't find poultry seasoning just use salt, peper, sage and maybe some paprika and rub it in. Maybe they have something similiar to our Chicken spice rub. Bring the dictionary when heading to the market. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteE
its dnayka cliff! oh my gosh i am going to make these bad booys! HOW CUTE! missu! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI think we are having Schnitzle for thanksgiving...No turkey anywhere here...Lots and lots of pumkins though.
ReplyDeleteHope you found a stuffing recipe!