Monday, December 5, 2011

Trip to Copenhagen, Denmark


It was a spur of the moment decision to go to Copenhagen today and I’m so glad Brenda and I did!  It was a 3 hour train ride from Nybro, including crossing over the famous Oresund Bridge. The bridge connects Sweden and Denmark; it is the longest road and rail bridge in Europe



We took a canal and harbor tour (Kanalrundfart) which was amazing, the best way to sightsee when your limited for time. We saw the famous “Little Mermaid” statue, wandered along Nyhavn (New Harbour) and of course checked out Strøget the number one shopping area in Denmark.
Here are some pictures from our dayJ

                                                 Our boat

                                         Backside of the Little Mermaid
                                      
                                                New Harbour

                                                   Shopping

                                                    Candy!
                                            Angels Christmas Market
                                                       Lego Santa
                          Pancake Bike Nutella/Bananna Pancakes mmm!
                                          First Starbucks in 3 1/2 months!!

I can't wait to take Ty to Copenhagen and show him all the exciting things I saw today:)

Have a good week everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time. Favorite time of year. with all the Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete