We walked around the city (population 100,000) and did some shopping:) I handed out some resumes as well, fingers crossed. Mostly everyone spoke English which made me feel more at ease; it had a different atmosphere then some of the bigger cities we visited last year in
Here are some pictures from our day trip:
Cathedral
Kalmar Slott
Along the harbour
Streets of Kalmar
Ty left this morning he won't be home until early tomorrow morning, it's cold, rainy and really gloomy. Feeling a little bit home sick so I invited Jenny & another girlfriend (I haven't met yet) over for dinner and a movie. A little girl’s night is just what the homesickness doctor ordered! I think ill make some chicken quesadilla's and a salad for dinner.
I'm quite excited about the app I added on my IPod, it lets me send text messages home to
I hope everyone's enjoying the weekend<3
Have you tried some Sveedish meatballs yet? Watched a Diners Drives n' Dives last night and it featured a Sweedish diner that served awesome meatballs with Mashed ptotaoes and the Lunden berry(?) jelly. Some jelly the Sweedes are famous for. I guess they also have amazing pancakes.
ReplyDeleteEv
Great to see you are settling into life in yet another country!
ReplyDeleteYour parcels will be in the mail today - you'll need the woolly sox and mittens soon!
Andrea